Join us at Kwetu
KWETU offers a vast range of exciting careers that provide an opportunity to make a profound difference in the lives of the Kenyan coastal communities. We operate in 4 counties and have earned a strong reputation as leaders in conservation, restoration and mariculture work.
Our mission involves work to empower communities to embrace innovative strategies for livelihood enhancement, natural resource management and climate change adaptation and mitigation. Wherever you work and regardless of your role, at KWETU you will help create lasting change. We invite you to view our openings and explore a world of possibilities.
Job Summary: The job holder reports to and works under the direction of the Finance and Administration Coordinator.
- Must be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in finance or related fields.
- Must have a minimum of 3years working experience in NGO setup.
- Must be able to work with a high transaction processing speed coupled with demonstrable self-time management skills due to volume of payments handled.
- Must be conversant with accounting systems preferably QuickBooks.
- Must have knowledge of Excel as well as a proper knowledge of other MS Office tools for reporting purposes.
- Ability to work as a team player and self -motivated to adhere to commitments and keep strict deadlines.
- Must be conversant with Kenyan tax laws & experienced in handling government Statutories.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience handling USAID funding is an added advantage.
Roles & responsibilities.
- Preparation of books of accounts (i.e) Cashbook, General ledger, Trial balance& Balance sheet.
- Real time posting of transactions to the accounting system.
- Monthly reconciliation for bank accounts, accounts receivables & payables.
- Preparation of finance reports for Donors.
- Support in business development.
- Prepare monthly payroll.
- Ensure all statutories are processed and paid in time.
- Ensure payments follow laid down procedures.
- Support in sales &marketing.
- Ensure procurement follows the laid down procedures.
- Support in review of KWETU policies.
- Support in resource mobilization.
- Support annual audit by ensuring all required schedules are ready in time.
- Conduct monthly cash counts.
- Conduct monthly stock counts.
- Ensure real time update of asset register.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Applicants are required to send their CV, application letter and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd November 2023 Close of Business. Candidates should clearly indicate the position being applied for and its reference number KWETU/FO/2023 as the email subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.