Kwetu Training Centre for Sustainable Development, through its mandate to build the capacity of coastal communities to natural resource management, has impacted Community Based Organizations as well as individual youth and women. For twenty years now Kwetu has trained local communities on livelihood activities such as sustainable farming, fruit and vegetable processing, nature-based products such as neem oil, beekeeping, and mariculture. Lifeskills including human health particularly reproductive issues and HIV/AIDS as well as entrepreneurship skills development have always been an integral aspect of KWETU’s holistic approach. The overall goal has always been to promote environmental sustainability and the self-empowerment of community members, as active agents of change to improve their quality of life.
Its mission is being implemented in the entire Coast Province through initiatives that empower communities to embrace innovative strategies for livelihoods enhancement, natural resources management and climate change mitigation as well as safeguard to human rights and dignity.
The Kwetu Training Centre envisages a poverty free community living in a safe and healthy environment.
We are committed to;
- Diversified and sustainable community livelihood bases
- A healthy environment and better managed natural resources
- A community with capacity to drive its own.
KWETUs strategic plan and its implementation is reflecting the spirit of the SDGâ€™s but is especially in line with the following goals:
- Professional: we strive to be the best at what we do.
- Accountable: we always take responsibility for our actions
- Integrity: we adhere to a strict moral or ethical conduct
- Innovative and Dynamic: we embrace new thinking and knowledge.
- Passionate: we positively engage our hearts and minds
- Respectful: we are respectful to other peopleâ€™s values and views.